1. Swap-bot - This website is awesome and perfect for a lonely, shy girl like myself. It's socializing and crafting without having any awkward lunches. Plus, there is always something fun in the mail on any given day.
2. Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus - Tastes better than crack. The best hummus/food I've ever tasted.
3. Artist Trading Cards - These are SO FUN to make. They are without a doubt my favorite craft project. I almost don't want to send them on their merry way to another ATC collector.
4. Avery Mailing Labels - I'm always jealous when my mom gets mail from some organization or business trying to rangle her into giving them money by sending her sweet little return address labels. Little did I know that I can make my own for $5.00 that are better and more customized.
5. Cupcakes - Anything cupcake...except for actual cupcakes. I love cupcake stickers, cupcake pictures, cupcake erasers, cupcake necklaces. I just love the shape of cupcakes and how fun they can be. I just got Martha Stewart's cupcake cookbook for free from Doubleday Book Club (they messed up on something way back when).
6. Doubleday Book Club - A lot of online clubs for books, movies, or CDs seem sort of unfair but I ran across doubleday book club and its actually really awesome. I've saved a ton of money on books I would have already bought anyway. I got a ton of craft books, including Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts for free plus 5 other books. I got into it really hoping it wouldn't turn out a scam and it wasn't! The customer service is great too. They messed up and I didn't notice whatsoever but they informed me right away and gave me whatever book I wanted from the site for free.
7.Mister Art - This is the cheapest online craft store I've ever come across. I buy polymer clay, liquid clay, glitter, and clay tools mostly. Fimo is $1.53 or less if you buy their VIP package.
Hi Sarah,
ReplyDeleteGreat list! I'm going to have to check out the Mister Art site! I too am addicted to ATC's! I like to do address label swaps on Swap-bot! I'm GoingTwinsane btw!
Saw your info on swapbot[I am toothteri] love your attitude! I am so excited to try ATCs- yours are fantastic. Hope to get into some swaps with them- hope to get one of yours. Will check out Mr Art-thanks for the recc.
ReplyDeleteHey there! Following you from swapbot. Nice list - I will definitely check out Mr Art. I haven't done any ATCs - I'm a little scared because I don't want to make something junky that some accomplished crafter thinks is lame. Any tips for a newbie ATCer? Or can you share some pics of ones you're made you liked? Thanks!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.emmanemhandmade.blogspot.com/
"It's socializing and crafting without having any awkward lunches."
ReplyDeleteLol! I mean it, I really did laugh out loud! It's so hard enduring the get-to-know-you phase when you're looking for similar minded friends. Especially when you realise the person sitting opposite you has nothing in common with you!
Lovely blog, I like your writing style.
A
Its so fun to read your description of everything. I agree with a lot of it except Sabra I'd have to try it to know and of course I'm not part of the bookclub.
ReplyDeleteMy mum also gets cute labels from charities, makes me wonder why they don't just use them money to continue helping the cause they want to. I make me own now on office but if you have publisher you can do it there too.. save your $5 toward new ink and lables :D.
Cupcakes look so cute I agree but also don't actually like them to eat...why is it most people feel like...probably because they are so sickly..who knows :P!