March 24, 2010

Swap-bot ATC's

I'm doing 3 ATC (arist trading card) swaps on swapbot. I've finished two of them and I'm really happy with the way they've turned out.

This ATC is for a swap called "Artist Trading Cards for Beginners". There is no theme for the ATC so I did my favorite theme "Sugar" more specifically "cupcakes".

Front: The background is alternating dark gray, pink, gray made with triple thick glaze and colored pigments. Then the rest is made with paper, seed beads, and polymer clay little tiny fruits (not made by me..sadly). I sealed it because I want it to be as sturdy as possible.


Back: On an ATC, the backside usually has a little bit of information. Usually you put the title, what number it is in the series (this is 1 out of 8 I'm making on the same subject), and some sort of contact information. I put my e-mail. This is called "Sucre" and means sugar in French.


These next two ATC's are for the same swap. I'm making two because I have two partners, so one for each. The swap is called "ATC Yourself". Basically, you make a self portrait of some sort on it.


Front: Two self portraits of me, one with brown hair (like I have now) and one with blond hair (like I had 19 years of my life). I like the brunette me better. The buttons on the vest are real mini buttons! I took pictures of the back as well but blogger is making it vertical rather than horizontal like it should be. I don't know why... but here it is anyway.























Back: These are both called "Saristotle" which is my handle on twitter, esty, swap-bot, nearly everything (it's aristotle with an S..combining my name with the philosopher). They make up their own series, so one says 1/2 and the other says 2/2. My e-mail is the contact info.


I have another ATC swap coming up. It's part of a 26 card series on the letters of the alphabet. It's letter "J". I'll post when I finish it.

5 comments:

  1. ohhh nice, i like the new ones! i promise to visit you more often. just keep in touch. you are one of my favorite people to live and breathe.


    love, ms mollyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you do this?! I want to do this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's on swap-bot. You just have to sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am on swap bot as well [toothteri] I am entranced with ATC and will try some soon. Love everything about yours. I am much older but love your attitude! Stay true to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled upon your blog via swapbot. I love those atcs, great job.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, keep it nice :)