November 13, 2010

My First Etsy Sale!

Tonight I made my first Etsy sale. Throughout the week I had been thinking of things I'd like to have around my house. One of the things I can't stop collecting is boxes of all types. I have a ton of little latch boxes from Michaels. I found one of them and thought of a way to incorporate it into my living room theme which is Skulls/Dia de los Muertos. So I stained the little wooden box and carefully carved spider-webs into the inside floor of it. The box has window panes on the sides and top so you can see the webs inside. To give it an antique, creepy edge I also stained the glassIt came out a perfect dingy brown.i thought of keeping this box but instead, tonight, I put it on Etsy and it sold RIGHT AWAY! It sold for $11.50. Carved Spider-web box Antique Style:



2 comments:

Leave a comment, keep it nice :)