November 23, 2010

5 AM: Time to watch Shrek and eat Popcorn.

It's nearly 5 AM on a Tuesday morning and Lily has insisted we get up, eat popcorn, and watch the best movie in the world, Shrek. From 2AM to about 4AM I ignored her as she whined and thrashed about in bed, talking to herself and singing. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. The new dog was downstairs shrieking and barking to be let out so I succumbed to them both and took Lily down stairs. I let Charlie out where he promptly peed and ran inside to poop on the living room carpet. Thanks a lot, Charlie. Then Lily and I made popcorn with which I lured her back upstairs with. I also promised we'd watch Shrek, which is what I usually turn on when I want to sleep and Lily wants to be up. Shrek is a fantastic babysitter and it's even better that we have 3 of the 4 movies. He comes in handy late at night when I have a full day of class in the morning, like now!

Obviously, instead of going back to sleep I'm clacking away at my keyboard. I can't sleep either to be honest. Lily and I slept too late today and I drank too much caffeineted iced tea throughout the day. So instead of going back to bed I rearranged my classes for next semester.

I've opted out of Photo 2. The only reason I was signed up for the class was because I wanted to print my own pictures. I wanted next semester to be fairly stress free so I'm only taking classes I'm excited about. So now on the roster is Creative Writing, First Aid Medical Self-Help, Abnormal Psychology, and Photoshop. The only downside to dropping Photo 2 is that I now have only 11 credits rather than the full 12. With 12 credits I get ALL of my financial aid, but with 11 credits I only get part of my financial aid. Because of that, if I drop photoshop (which I'm not so excited about) I will only have 8 hours, which still counts as part time. I will get the same amount from financial aid if I took 11 hours. Not that anyone cares but it's my current predicament.

I'm most excited about Creative writing and First Aid. I love both of those things and I think I'm going to have fun writing and really like getting CPR certified. I have to be certified for my degree anyway so I may as well do it now while I have extra time.

I can't believe this semester has 2.5 weeks left.. I don't know how I've survived it.

2 comments:

  1. I've decided I want to go to Swic. I want to take ASL which is like a sign language class. That is so awesome. And you get to take first aid and creative writing. I don't know if they offer it at SIUE. I don't think so. FUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, SWIC offers some neat classes. I had ASL on the roster but the memorization component would probably be overwhelming and I want next semester to be fun. It would be cool to know basic sign language though!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, keep it nice :)