April 22, 2010

Kawaii Fun!

I LOVE kawaii, but my favorite is kawaii foods (cupcakes!!). Don't ask me why..maybe because I love bright, happy, fun things and food. Probably. Because of this I've scouted out some cool kawaii swaps on swap-bot. The one I'm most excited for is "Kawaii Jewellery Box and A Handmade Jewel" hosted by loreley. As of now only 4 people are officially in the swap (22 watching) so if you're interested PLEASE sign up! The last day to sign up is April 30, so you have a few days.

Here is the jewelry box I made with a wooden 5'x5' box from Michael's:















































The teal bubbles and Kawaii cupcake were made with Fimo, the red/white stripes are decoupaged tissue paper scraps, and the entire box was sealed with DecoArt's Triple Thick brilliant brush-on gloss glaze (which I love and practically cover everything in).

I want to keep this little box SO BADLY because it's got all my favorite colors and a cupcake on it but I won't :( I'll just make another one!

Thanks for reading!

PS. Join the swap I'm hosting: http://www.swap-bot.com/swap/show/60076

9 comments:

  1. Very creative little box. Enjoy your swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Now following you from Swap Bot (fleurdebee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!that is sooooo adorable!Love it!this is carly4peace following you from swap-bot!Would love you to follow me as well!=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love food with faces! :) this is for the i want more blogger followers on swap-bot. this is kate and oli! i'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks again for the invite on your desert swap. Should be lots of fun.

    I wanted to give you a Sunshine Award for your blog - check out mine for details:
    http://emmanemhandmade.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the box...very creative.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, keep it nice :)