October 13, 2010

Amending my Opinion on Sister Wives.

I've changed my opinion on "Sister Wives" slightly, after watching the first episode in greater depth. I still despise this yucky Kody fellow, but I really love the wives. Even though it's easy to pass judgment on these women and say they are unhappy people with low self esteem, I like them. They are open minded even saying that they don't care what religious and marital decisions their kids make as long as they get an education of some sort and become  productive members of society. I wasn't expecting to hear that from Mormon fundamentalists. It seems like these women love each other more than they love the man they share. I wouldn't mind being a part of a 3 woman marriage (sans men) where we'd live and raise our kids. However, I have no warmed up to the newest wife who has tacked herself onto the right end of this group hug.


Now that I have my amendment out of the way, I will write about what I came here to write about. And that is that I hate pimples and the hormones that conjure them. They are the same hormones that are making me feel like I need to kidnap newborns cause they are soooooooooooooo cute. They may also be the hormones responsible for bookmarking "puppy adoptions in my area". Damn it hormones, stay off of Google.





















THEY ARE SO CUTE.

Watch this video...this baby is the sweetest!

2 comments:

  1. My english teacher said the other day, we call things "weird" because we don't understand them. And at first, I was pretty sure mormanism or whatever it is was weird...but really...it's just because I don't understand the religion. There are a lot of things that I do that other people could call weird or unnatural!

    Those babies are cute. You make me want one! I'll go ask Ismael now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people think Mormonism is weird. I don't have an issue with it's weirdness. If people want to marry more than one person go ahead..as long as it's consensual and I'm still free to marry just one person. The issue I had with it was that I genuinely felt like those woman were being taken advantage of and that anyone willing to be in a poly-amorous/polygamist relationship has some self esteem issues. I still believe that, but I like these women and empathize. I don't like Kody because he believes the double standard that he can have many wives is okay but they can't have many husbands. He's a dick.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, keep it nice :)