"Follow your honest convictions and be strong."
~William Makepeace Thackeray
![]() |
| Jessica Leigh Sachs, American Airline Flight 11 |
How strange it was while I was gearing up to work on this tribute I realized I had picked a girl whose parents are a hop, skip, and a jump away from my front door in St.Louis, Missouri. Additionally, I picked a girl who died very near to the age I am now. Jessica Sach's was not assigned to me --I picked her randomly from a list of 9/11 victims who had no formal online tribute to them.
Jessica Leigh Sachs grew up in Rochester, Minnesota as the youngest of three children to Steven and Karen Sachs. Later in her life Jessica attended the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. At the time of her death she was residing in Billerica, Massachusetts. She was aboard the hijacked American Airlines Flight 11 that took off from Boston. In her short life of 22 years Jessica inspired hope in many people, including her parents, through her strong-held belief in God and Christianity. She helped start Mercyhouse Church near the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, where her spirit remains alive today.
It's difficult to compose a memorial blog about a person I've never met. It's even more difficult to compose a memorial blog about someone who has no current memorial blog or information to speak of other than one Baptist church article and a 9/11 Victim memorial guest book. Even after "investigating" 20 pages on Google search nothing more than Jessica Sachs- 22, American Airlines Flight 11 is written. I couldn't even find her birthday. After getting to know Jessica and her sweet parents (online) this seems to be a travesty.
![]() |
| Steven and Karen Sachs, parents |
EDIT: A tribute/news story with more information about Jessica here.
_________________________________________________
![]() |
| The Arms of Project 2,996 |



Hi Sarah,
ReplyDeleteFor someone who didn't know Jess... you did a really good job! Jessica was one of my best friends @ the afore-mentioned Baptist church in MN and I really want to thank you for writing this. It warmed my heart & she would've loved it. Thank you!
Beautiful tribute. She sounds like she was an amazing young lady. May her family have peace in their hearts and may she be smiling down from Heaven as I hope there is one. MH
ReplyDeleteShe is a very nice, spiritual, Christian woman!
ReplyDeleteYou are not forgotten.
ReplyDeleteSarah, you did wonderful on your tribute to Jess. Words alone could never begin to describe Jessica. She changed us all in many ways. The day she was taken from us we all lost a bright light in our lives. Although, knowing Jess she'd tell us all to put faith in God and know she is happy and watching us all.
ReplyDelete