In the meantime, I've been trying to do some creative things. It's hard because there isn't much space here for that. My art supplies alone are enough to fill my bedroom here so I don't have any of them. I did start a new stockpile in my closet though. I've been doing a lot on canvas like Adirondack ink on canvas and tile with spritzes of alcohol. It's an interesting effect.
What I like even better is crayon art. You know that really popular idea of lining up crayons at the top of a canvas and melting them with a blow dryer? This is like that except, I think, way cooler.
Here are two of mine:
This was my second attempt. On my first attempt I used random broken crayons from my daughters art stash. There were Crayola and then other random brands. I also used a blow dryer Those did not turn out so well but when I used all Crayola brand, it looked lovely. So definitely "splurge" for the good stuff. The other crayons barely melt and you get this clumpy sort of thing.
I also think my amazing blow dryer helped. It dries hair in 50% less time and as a result, I believe it melted the crayon quickly. It's the Infiniti Pro by Conair (and is hot pink).
![]() |
| Infiniti Pro by Conair |


.jpg)
i love crayon art! I think it is a great way to recycle things into something new and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSammieCooper09
swap-bot
gain exposure to your blog 2!
Very cool! I will try this! -rachwms from swap-bot
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautifull piecies of artwork! It looks a bit like it's made of watercolour.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, your blow dryer has an amazing colour!
Rianne (Leukenschattig from Swapbot)