I just got back from one of the best trips I've ever been on with some people who make me feel pretty sparkley and sunshiney, just like the places we visited. We drove from St.Louis to Cape Canaveral, Florida (18 hours) and boarded the Norwegian Sun, which took us to Cozumel and Key West. Cozumel was amazing, as were the ancient Mayan ruins we visited. Key West was fun and colorful. The ocean was beautiful, the (totally free) food was great, and so was the beading, which was what this entire trip was really about.
 |
| Cozumel, Mexico |
A good friend of mine, Abbi, works as an instructor at her mom and aunt's bead store, The Bead Place. She was invited on this cruise to instruct a group of women in the art of jewelry making. I tagged along and learned some fun stuff. The first was "Viking Knit" which is like knitting with wire to make a Pandora style bracelet. The next was "Russian Spiral" which is a really simple technique that creates a not so simple, but super cute bracelet. I loved both of them and can't decide which one I love more. I'll definitely be making more. Abbi also taught a few ladies how to make starfish with beads, but I was immersed in my second Russian Spiral bracelet and didn't get the chance to learn.
Here are my new bracelets:
 |
| Soft Greens Russian Spiral bracelet |
 |
| Soft Pinks Russian Spiral bracelet |
 |
| Viking Knit front with Pandora style beads |
 |
| Viking Knit back |
Glad you had a fun time Sarah and glad you are home safe and sound. I love your pretty bracelets, now you can teach me how to make them. Grandma
ReplyDelete