January 28, 2011

♫ + ☼ = ♥

(^music plus sunshine equals love)

I've been listening to music lately, which isn't something I've done in about 4-6 years. Yes, I listen to music but I haven't loved music since sobbing into the great Chris Dudley's arms as he stood in the St. Louis cold after playing a fantastic show with his band UnderOath. That was when I was 15. I'm 21 now and I can't remember the last concert I went to.

I've found music I like again. And I've unearthed some of my old favorites. At the very least, listen to this first one (it's my favorite right now):

Elysian Fields by Casey Frazier Read the lyrics here




The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel Read the lyrics here



Heartbreak World by Matt Nathanson Read the lyrics here




Control Freak by Copeland (RIP) Read the lyrics here



Best of Me- The Starting Line Read the lyrics here



View From Heaven- Yellowcard Read the lyrics



Some Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape- UnderOath Read the lyrics here



and finally the gateway drug, the catalyst, to all the music I've ever been interested in since 7th grade started with one band: Dashboard Confessional .

Stolen by Dashboard Confessional (but everything Dashboard is good). Read the lyrics here





♫ + ☼ = ♥

1 comment:

  1. Music helps me through everything. Music is one of the only things (maybe reading too) that can make me feel something from scratch. I hope that makes sense to you. This post made me want to go back and listen to some of the stuff we use to listen to religiously...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, keep it nice :)