February 11, 2010

Paranoia

There is a Ouija board in my closet and it is causing me a great deal of anxiety. I'm not a fan of Ouija boards because I have an over-active imagination and the idea of spirits, good and bad are one of my biggest fears.


Even though I'm petrified of the idea, I'm still incredibly interested in the paranormal. It all started when my Grandma let me watch The Poltergeist when I was 4. I remember it well. I have watched the movie recently, and compared to a lot of the horror movies these days, it really isn't that scary but still, I get creeped out. There's been an influx of absolutely terrifying scary movies lately, two being Paranormal Activity and the Fourth Kind. Both of those movies scared me so badly, I still have trouble getting them out of my head. The Fourth Kind isn't about ghosts but I'd still consider it in the "paranormal" realm because Aliens are "not normal". I recently succumbed and bought dark curtains for my bedroom window so nothing other-worldly cold stare in.

There are 3 instances in my life where something really scared me. The first was when I was 10 and I was awake late at night. I can't remember if I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep or if something had woke me up. But the sensor light on the front porch suddenly lit up and my heart jumped into my throat. The next thing that happened and that I'm 100% sure happened and wasn't a dream or my imagination was that someone whispered "Sarah". I didn't know whether to hide under my covers or make a run for it. Eventually ,I ran to my moms room and knocked on the door. I told her I had a bad dream but I wish I had told her what really happened. A few years later I told her.

Another time, I was up early at around 6am. I had stayed at my dads house. It was still dark outside and I was going into the kitchen to get some water. I walked past the opening to the living room and a torso shaped figure with no legs jumped from the middle of the stairs to the bottom. The figure looked like a sun-spot or when a camera flashes and there are spots in your vision. It was white like that. I'm not sure if what I saw was real or if it could have been explained by logic. Even before that instance I was nervous in that house.

The last time anything strange happened to me was around this time last year. It was the middle of the night and I woke up, a dark cloaked figure that resembled one of the Wraiths in the Lord of the Ring's movies floated to me. I watched it open my door then it came to my face and attempted to touch me with this dark grey boney, long, long nailed fingers. Before it touched me I tried to make a sound but all that came out was me trying to gasp in surprise but it was like I couldn't breath in to gasp, so it was a weird squeak sound. Then I woke up and figured it was a dream. I woke up and what was weird was that I was turned the opposite way in my bed. My feet were where my head usually was and my head was where my feet usually are. In my dream I was turned this way as well, but when I went to bed I was the right way. I hope to God that this was only a dream and not anything else. There is a long history behind my dream actually. People of all cultures have written about similar experiences in the past. It's called an "Old Hag" dream. Some people believe it's purely psychological and others say its alien abduction. I say that I probably won't sleep well tonight reminscing about it.

6 comments:

  1. I JUST READ THIS HOME ALONE AND NOW I'M SCARED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello beautiful. Nice redesign, though I'm partial to Magritte. You know that board of mine is from 1908?

    Did you know the night before Zelda Rubinstein died, Eric had a dream with her in it when she said she was going to die? He just tells me this tonight. Naturally, I'm skeptical, but he said it upset him all day. Why did he just tell me about this? Maybe he subconsciously picked up a report on her failing health. Who can say for sure about such things. I believe him, but I remain an empiricist.

    Much love to you and yours from the great green wet northwest. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, every time I think of a Ouija board I think of yours under your couch and spirits leaving water around your house. I also think of your upstairs neighbor and how terrified I was.

    There is a lot of information regarding the "Old Hag" dreams and how there are evidence of a sleep disorder in which the sleeper wakes while the chemical that paralyzes the body from acting out dreams is still working. I'm not sure what I believe. The "thing" looked like a grim reaper. Obviously, I didn't die but I wonder if I had, had the "thing" actually touch me. I woke up right as it was about to brush my cheek.

    The whispering of my name is still a mystery.

    Since I've had Lily, I get scared much more easily. I just watched a 9/11 documentary and there is a shadow in the corner of my room so now I can't sleep. I think I'm unstable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweetie. I need to make a few clarifications. You were three when you fought with me, your Aunt Heather, to watch Poltergeist. You begged and begged. I wouldn't let you. Now, maybe your grandma did let you watch it when you were four, but I don't know. She's pretty strict. You were always a little different. In a good way. Have you talked to grandma about the ghost in her doll room?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do you keep the ouija board in your closet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather-Well I definitely remember you and Grandma being at the house thinking it was a bad idea to let me watch it. You changed the channel during the scene where the guys face burns off or something. Grandma told me a little about the ghost and how things will be moved around every now and then. I should probably be more creeped out when I'm over there.

    I keep the board in my closet because I don't know were else to put it, I guess. But one of Brandon's friends is taking it for me, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, keep it nice :)